[ COVER OF THE WEEK ]
[ AnalyticsWeek BYTES]
[ FEATURED COURSE]
[ FEATURED READ]
This book predicts the decline of today’s professions and describes the people and systems that will replace them. In an Internet society, according to Richard Susskind and Daniel Susskind, we will neither need nor want … more
[ TIPS & TRICKS OF THE WEEK]
Fix the Culture, spread awareness to get awareness
Adoption of analytics tools and capabilities has not yet caught up to industry standards. Talent has always been the bottleneck towards achieving the comparative enterprise adoption. One of the primal reason is lack of understanding and knowledge within the stakeholders. To facilitate wider adoption, data analytics leaders, users, and community members needs to step up to create awareness within the organization. An aware organization goes a long way in helping get quick buy-ins and better funding which ultimately leads to faster adoption. So be the voice that you want to hear from leadership.
[ DATA SCIENCE Q&A]
Q:What is your definition of big data?
A: Big data is high volume, high velocity and/or high variety information assets that require new forms of processing
– Volume: big data doesnt sample, just observes and tracks what happens
– Velocity: big data is often available in real-time
– Variety: big data comes from texts, images, audio, video
Difference big data/business intelligence:
– Business intelligence uses descriptive statistics with data with high density information to measure things, detect trends etc.
– Big data uses inductive statistics (statistical inference) and concepts from non-linear system identification to infer laws (regression, classification, clustering) from large data sets with low density information to reveal relationships and dependencies or to perform prediction of outcomes or behaviors
[ VIDEO OF THE WEEK]
Subscribe to Youtube
[ QUOTE OF THE WEEK]
War is 90% information. – Napoleon Bonaparte
[ PODCAST OF THE WEEK]
[ FACT OF THE WEEK]
And one of my favourite facts: At the moment less than 0.5% of all data is ever analysed and used, just imagine the potential here.