[ COVER OF THE WEEK ]
[ LOCAL EVENTS & SESSIONS]
- Jan 23, 2019 #WEB 3rd Annual Global Artificial Intelligence Conference Santa Clara January 2019
- Jan 06, 2019 #WEB Free Webinar on Big Data with Scala & Spark – Live Instructor Led Session | Limited Seats | San Francisco, CA
- Jan 06, 2019 #WEB Free Webinar on Big Data with Scala & Spark – Live Instructor Led Session | Limited Seats | Seattle, WA
[ AnalyticsWeek BYTES]
[ NEWS BYTES]
[ FEATURED COURSE]
Machine learning (ML) is one of the fastest growing areas of science. It is largely responsible for the rise of giant data companies such as Google, and it has been central to the development of lucrative products, such … more
[ FEATURED READ]
The eagerly anticipated Fourth Edition of the title that pioneered the comparison of qualitative, quantitative, and mixed methods research design is here! For all three approaches, Creswell includes a preliminary conside… more
[ TIPS & TRICKS OF THE WEEK]
Grow at the speed of collaboration
A research by Cornerstone On Demand pointed out the need for better collaboration within workforce, and data analytics domain is no different. A rapidly changing and growing industry like data analytics is very difficult to catchup by isolated workforce. A good collaborative work-environment facilitate better flow of ideas, improved team dynamics, rapid learning, and increasing ability to cut through the noise. So, embrace collaborative team dynamics.
[ DATA SCIENCE Q&A]
Q:What is the Central Limit Theorem? Explain it. Why is it important?
A: The CLT states that the arithmetic mean of a sufficiently large number of iterates of independent random variables will be approximately normally distributed regardless of the underlying distribution. i.e: the sampling distribution of the sample mean is normally distributed.
– Used in hypothesis testing
– Used for confidence intervals
– Random variables must be iid: independent and identically distributed
– Finite variance
[ VIDEO OF THE WEEK]
Subscribe to Youtube
[ QUOTE OF THE WEEK]
It’s easy to lie with statistics. It’s hard to tell the truth without statistics. Andrejs Dunkels
[ PODCAST OF THE WEEK]
[ FACT OF THE WEEK]
Retailers who leverage the full power of big data could increase their operating margins by as much as 60%.