[ COVER OF THE WEEK ]
[ LOCAL EVENTS & SESSIONS]
- Dec 14, 2018 #WEB Snowflake – Data and S3 (Part 1 of 2)
- Dec 19, 2018 #WEB Data Science in 30 Minutes: Uber’s Chief Scientist Explores Frontiers of Machine Learning and AI
- Nov 07, 2018 #WEB Python for Beginners (Live Webinar)
[ AnalyticsWeek BYTES]
[ NEWS BYTES]
[ FEATURED COURSE]
[ FEATURED READ]
Mathematical superstar and inventor of fractal geometry, Benoit Mandelbrot, has spent the past forty years studying the underlying mathematics of space and natural patterns. What many of his followers don’t realize is th… more
[ TIPS & TRICKS OF THE WEEK]
Data aids, not replace judgement
Data is a tool and means to help build a consensus to facilitate human decision-making but not replace it. Analysis converts data into information, information via context leads to insight. Insights lead to decision making which ultimately leads to outcomes that brings value. So, data is just the start, context and intuition plays a role.
[ DATA SCIENCE Q&A]
Q:You are compiling a report for user content uploaded every month and notice a spike in uploads in October. In particular, a spike in picture uploads. What might you think is the cause of this, and how would you test it?
A: * Halloween pictures?
* Look at uploads in countries that dont observe Halloween as a sort of counter-factual analysis
* Compare uploads mean in October and uploads means with September: hypothesis testing
[ VIDEO OF THE WEEK]
Subscribe to Youtube
[ QUOTE OF THE WEEK]
Hiding within those mounds of data is knowledge that could change the life of a patient, or change the world. Atul Butte, Stanford
[ PODCAST OF THE WEEK]
[ FACT OF THE WEEK]
Every second we create new data. For example, we perform 40,000 search queries every second (on Google alone), which makes it 3.5 searches per day and 1.2 trillion searches per year.In Aug 2015, over 1 billion people used Facebook FB +0.54% in a single day.